Tuesday 2 July 2013

'Write on' challenge - I have never

I have been thinking about getting back into my writing for while and my head just hasn't been clear enough to try.
But today, I came across my Twitter pal @bakingaitch blog and saw that she has written a post inspired by @SandyCalico who does the 'Write on' challenge. This seems like the perfect way to start getting back into writing!
Basically 3 prompts are set weekly and you can choose what to write about from those prompts.
(If you are interested click on the badge on the right on my blog page :])

'I have never...' is this week's prompt and the new prompts are published tomorrow. (prompt prompt prompttptt, such a weird word!)


I have never been 'travelling'. The hype of travelling around the world has always passed me by. I love to go places, I love going on holiday, photography, culture and learning new things.... but it doesn't appeal to me to save up money to go travelling, live out of a bag and go from place to place for a long length of time. I would miss home way too much, all my home comforts, my cat, my friends. It just doesn't do it for me!
I'm the kind of girl who likes to be messy for a bit but then loves to clean it up spectacularly just as well. I wouldn't cope well without a lovely hot shower and bath and I would miss comforting smells and textures that home provides.

I have never been the first out of a group of people to do something. I always see myself as taking my time to get to a place or to do something. A lot of the time I feel like a snail. A cute snail, of course! :)
I do things at my own pace, sometimes the pressure of wanting to go faster or feeling/thinking others are pushing me to go faster makes me feel bad or self conscious. But I still don't rush, I do things when I feel I am ready.

I have never been sky diving. I would still love to give it a go!

I have never been to Center Parcs. :( Another thing I would really like to do.

I have never eaten Rabbit. Not sure I could!

I have never had a tattoo. Thought about it many many times! Still done nothing about it. I am way to indecisive and scared I will hate what I choose.


You know what they say though... Never say never!

3 comments:

  1. Great blog hun, reads well. As for the tattoo, well go for it, you wont regret it, its a milestone in your life. Things to do before....and all that

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for joining in with Write On.
    I'm not a trailblazer either, but I did go traveling for a year when I was 30. It was amazing, while I was travelling I did a sky dive and got a tattoo. I wouldn't do any of them again though.
    The link up for this week is here:
    http://sandycalico.blogspot.co.uk/2013/07/write-on-link-up-week-1.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, and are you on Twitter? I'm @sandycalico.

    ReplyDelete