Sunday 3 August 2014

Long time, no write! :)

It's been 6 months since my last blog entry. How time flies! And yes, I have been having fun, lots of fun.
The list I made in my last post, certainly has been my wellbeing saver! I have continued to look after myself well and do all the things I set out to do that would help. I am amazed to be honest. I look at that list and think, yes, it has worked and yes, it has helped.
 I must keep it up. In fact, I will definitely meditate this evening :D

I've stayed within my weight range at Slimming World too. I have been a target member for 6 months and I feel fabulous. I continue to go to group for the support and as a reminder to myself on that day that my wellbeing matters. I support others and share my experiences and ideas, I love it.

At the moment I am on my summer hols and have been making the most of the weather!
Week one: My visit to Oakwell Hall with Sue, Helen, Isaac and Evie
 I would highly recommend a visit to Oakwell Hall, it is beautiful.
http://www.kirklees.gov.uk/leisure/museumsGalleries/oakwell/index.aspx

Nature shot from Oakwell Hall gardens

I have also been to the East Coast with my friend Fiona. We had 3 lovely days out, visited Filey, Hornsea and Bridlington. We felt very lucky to have such good weather for the whole time we were there.
I enjoyed some well earned holiday treats and soaked up the sun. We walked to the end of Filey Brigg, which I haven't done before, despite having visited Filey so many times through my life. Maybe it's due to my uncomfortable feelings about the sea. Since being a child I have had a reoccurring dream about high tides. In my dreams I get swept out to sea and wake up as I am drowning.
On Wednesday when we walked on the Brigg, I felt a bit nervous! I was looking out at other people near us and thinking - well, if they're out here too, we will be ok?! It was quite comical. We made it there and back. Probably walked a lot faster getting back to the sand though.....


Filey Brigg


Filey beach. My favourite shot of the week. I love this kite!
I love photography!
My love for it has grown solidly over the past 6 years. I started out with a Panasonic Lumix digital camera that my parents bought me one Christmas. It had a large optical zoom and I loved how I could capture macro shots of nature and insects.
My photos were exciting to me and I would dash to import them to my laptop. Through social media and also meeting my good friend Mark Winterbourne, my photography interest has grown. I have more skills and my 'eye' is developing all the time. I now I have a DSLR Canon 40D and Light Room editing suite. I edit every photo I want to export - I never thought much to photo editing, mainly, it was the time and difficulty of knowing what to do that put me off. But, after Mark teaching me some things, I am confident with it now. I still have so much to learn!

I hope to capture some more photos this week - so hopefully I will blog some more.

What will this week bring....



2 comments:

  1. You sound so happy and positive and I'm glad I'm in your blog with you my new dear friend x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just lovely and positive xxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete